ingredient in testing” Ray
Mattingley, editor, Test
Engineering and Management
magazine, circa 1972.
Westpak has always believed that integrity is the priceless ingredient in testing. It’s clear to us, and probably to the rest of the world as well, that any test can be made to reinforce any bias if the test operator is slippery enough. We fully understand that clients come to Westpak for truthful answers to their questions, even if the results are not favorable or downright undesirable. We believe that bad data is actually worse than no data. Without data, the typical designer is cautious. With bad data, that same designer is guaranteed to go the wrong direction.
We attempt to put ourselves in our client's shoes and to provide the highest quality testing possible in the most efficient fashion.
1. Testing services should be delivered in the same fashion that we would want to receive them.
2. Work should be an enjoyable and professionally fulfilling endeavor, not just a four letter word.
1. Be passionate and determined, creative & open-minded
2. Build open & honest relationships with communication
3. Always go beyond excellent customer service
4. Develop & nurture a passion for excellence
5. Pursue growth, learning, & understanding
6. Leave everyplace better than you found it
7. Act with integrity and accountability
8. Value wisdom, embrace change
9. Seek the truth always
10. Be humble
The mission of Westpak is to provide the best possible and highest quality testing services in an environmentally friendly manner, using calibrated and well-maintained equipment at all times, conducted by test engineers that are knowledgeable, highly motivated, and well-trained.
- Never stop building the best possible organization
- Provide testing solutions & tools to our customers that encourage, measure and balance product reliability with social and environmental impacts.
- Lead our customers to a realization that they can and should be committed to creating a competitive, profitable, environmentally and socially responsible product.
- Value and contribute measureable positive inputs to the communities where we live and work.
- Build a company that places significant value on our employees, our communities, and the environment that is affected not only by our economic activity but that of our customers.
- Inspire our customers, their companies and the products they manufacture and ship to do less harm to the environment by simply making them aware of the problems with their products and offering possible and realistic solutions
- Support the economy’s necessary transition away from a take-make-waste system to one that values and rewards community and environmental responsibility
Westpak is accredited to the highest level of quality possible in our specialized area. The list of Westpak certifications and accreditations include the following:
Westpak was organized in 1986 by Walter Dunning and Herbert Schueneman in an attempt to offer high quality testing services to high-tech firms in the central California area. By concentrating on delivering the best possible customer service, Westpak now claims a client list of well over 1,000 satisfied firms, more than 50 of which are in the Fortune 500. We currently employ more than 50 professionals who consider customer service to be their highest priority.
All team members at Westpak participate directly in the operation of the company in some way. Within a short period of time after joining Westpak, all team members are thoroughly trained and expertly guided in a specific discipline. They are highly motivated and all understand the significance of offering outstanding customer service.
In a similar way, the management team understands the importance of providing the test engineers the best possible equipment, calibrated in the best manner, and maintained in a fully operational condition in a clean, comfortable environment. They are also focused on customer service and do everything in their power to maintain excellent customer relations.
At Westpak, we value your right to privacy just as we value our own privacy. We will collect some information as may be necessary to respond to your requests or to improve our services to you. We will never share this information with any other person or firm. Again, we will treat your privacy as if it were our own.
Our information handling equipment and procedures are state of the art and thus we do not anticipate any unauthorized copying, sharing or other dissemination of private information. We will certainly do our best to keep it that way. We take your privacy seriously. No, we don’t believe 17 pages of legalese gibberish improves the situation at all. We believe that trust is at the core this (and most other) issues and we strive to earn and keep your trust by a simple re-statement of the Golden Rule: we will treat your privacy as if it were our own.Sincerely,
The Westpak Team
Note from the CEO
As was stated above, Westpak was formed by two frustrated engineers who thought that testing services should be delivered in the same fashion that we would want to receive them. Imagine that? It was our method of applying the Golden Rule to a business enterprise. That same philosophy applies more than 25 years later and is an integral part of how we do business even today. In addition, I believe that work should be an enjoyable and professionally fulfilling endeavor, not just a four letter word. These are the keys to our success, our “secret sauce” if you will.
Westpak still practices these same two founding principles today and we are very happy about that. We believe our customers are some of the greatest people in the world and try our best to treat them that way. As a team, we work hard together, play hard together, and enjoy almost every moment of that experience. We are thankful every day for the blessings that we have received and for the professional advancements that we are able to achieve. As a Christian, I can find no better way to express this than a humble thank you to our clients, my esteemed, hardworking and wonderfully talented Westpak team members, and to our Maker.