Westpak's mission is to provide the best possible and highest-quality testing services in an environmentally friendly manner, using calibrated and well-maintained equipment at all times, conducted by test engineers and technicians who are knowledgeable, highly motivated, and well-trained.
Westpak has always believed that "Integrity is the Priceless Component in Testing". It’s clear to us, and probably to the rest of the
world as well, that any test can be made to reinforce any bias if the
test operator is slippery enough. We fully understand that clients come
to Westpak for truthful answers to their questions, even if the results
are not favorable or downright undesirable.
We believe that bad data is actually worse than no data. Without data, the typical designer is
cautious. With bad data, that same designer is guaranteed to go the
We attempt to put ourselves in our client's shoes and
to provide the highest quality testing possible in the most efficient
- Testing services should be delivered in the same fashion that we would want to receive them.
- Work should be an enjoyable and professionally fulfilling endeavor, not just a four-letter word.
- Be passionate and determined, creative & open-minded
- Build open & honest relationships with communication
- Always go beyond excellent customer service
- Develop & nurture a passion for excellence
- Pursue growth, learning, & understanding
- Leave every place better than you found it
- Act with integrity and accountability
- Value wisdom, embrace change
- Seek the truth always
- Be Humble
- Never stop building the best possible organization
- Provide testing solutions & tools to our customers that encourage, measure and balance product reliability with social and environmental impacts
- Lead our customers to a realization that they can and should be
committed to creating a competitive, profitable, environmentally and
socially responsible product.
- Value and contribute measurable positive inputs to the communities where we live and work.
- Build a company that places significant value on our employees, our
communities, and the environment that is affected not only by our
economic activity but that of our customers.
- Inspire our customers, their companies and the products they manufacture
and ship to do less harm to the environment by simply making them aware
of the problems with their products and offering possible and realistic
- Support the economy’s necessary transition away from a take-make-waste
system to one that values and rewards community and environmental
Westpak is accredited to the highest level of quality possible in our specialized areas. The list of Westpak certifications and accreditations include the following:
|ISO 17025 Accreditation ||Granted by A2LA|
|ISTA Certification |
|Granted by the International Safe Transit Association|
Westpak was organized in 1986 by Herbert Schueneman and Walter Dunning in an attempt to offer high-quality testing services to high tech firms in the central California area. By concentrating on delivering the best possible customer service, Westpak now claims a client list of well over 1,000 satisfied firms, more than 50 of which are in the Fortune 500. We currently employ more than 50 highly-trained professionals who consider customer service to be their highest priority.
Our Staff - San Jose and San Diego
All team members at Westpak participate directly in the operation of the company in some way. Within a short period of time after joining Westpak, all team members are thoroughly trained and expertly guided in a specific discipline. They are highly motivated and all understand the significance of offering outstanding customer service.
In a similar way, the management team understands the importance of providing the test engineers the best possible equipment, calibrated in the best manner, and maintained in a fully operational condition in a clean, comfortable environment. They are also focused on customer service and do everything in their power to maintain excellent customer relations.
Note from our Founder and Chairman, Herb Schueneman
As was stated above, Westpak was formed by two frustrated engineers who thought that testing services should be delivered in the same fashion that we would want to receive them. Imagine that? It was our method of applying the Golden Rule to a business enterprise. That same philosophy applies 30 years later and is an integral part of how we do business even today. In addition, I believe that work should be an enjoyable and professionally fulfilling endeavor, not just a four letter word. These are the keys to our success, our “secret sauce” if you will.
Westpak still practices these same two founding principles today and we are very happy about that. We believe our customers are some of the greatest people in the world and try our best to treat them that way. As a team, we work hard together, play hard together, and enjoy almost every moment of that experience. We are thankful every day for the blessings that we have received and for the professional advancements that we are able to achieve. As a Christian, I can find no better way to express this than a humble thank you to our clients, my esteemed, hardworking and wonderfully talented Westpak team members, and to our Maker.